Welcome to cameo!¶
Cameo is a high-level python library developed to aid the strain design process in metabolic engineering projects. The library provides a modular framework of simulation methods, strain design methods, access to models, that targets developers that want custom analysis workflows.
Computationally heavy methods have been parallelized and can be run on a clusters using the IPython parallelization framework (see example and documentation for more details). The default fallback is python’s multiprocessing library.
Furthermore, it exposes a high-level API to users that simply want to compute promising strain designs.
from cameo.api import design design(product='L-Serine')
You got curious? Head over to try.cameo.bio and give it a try.
- High-level interface for users
- Import models
- Simulate models
- Analyzing models
- Predict gene knockout strategies
- Predict expression modulation targets
- Predict heterologous pathways
- Vanillin production
- Genome-scale metabolic model
- Heterologous pathway
- Using meta-heuristics to search for knockout strategies.